Have you ever wanted to share your location with a friend using the iMessage app, but it says your location can\’t be found or the location is not available? This is because the app is looking for location information from your phone carrier. Let\’s find out what this means, and how to get around it by using your current location.
Apple\’s decision to replace Google Maps with its own mapping program has resulted in a lot of headaches for iMessage users. A simple Google search reveals that many people are experiencing difficulties with the new app, leading them to conclude that Apple is not up to the task of mapping all of the globe\’s places.
Have you ever tried to chat with friends or family on your iPhone but instead of their location, it says Location Not Available on iMessage? If so, you\’re not alone. It\’s a problem that many people encounter nowadays. But don\’t fret, since in this article we\’ll go over what you should do if \”location not available\” pops up on your iMessage application inside your iPhone.
Inspect That Any Required Permission Is Not Neglected
At times, the problem of interest might be arising due to some permissions that are required for the successful sharing of location via the iMessage app. These permissions might be disabled and thus are contributing significantly to this problem. Here is what needs to be done in this case.
- First, launch the \”Settings\” app on your iPhone.
- Next, keep scrolling until you find the option labeled \”Privacy\”. Once found, tap on it.
- After that, go on and tap the option named \”Location Services\”.
- Now, you will see a toggle button appearing on the right-hand side of this option i.e., \”Location Services\”. Tap on it, to successfully enable it.
- Next, scroll down and locate the applications named \”Find My\” and \”Messages\”.
- After that, ensure that these apps can access the location services. In case, if anything else is written against them other than \”While Using\”, then you need to customize the settings manually.
- Now, navigate back to the \”Settings\” app main screen.
- Next, tap on your \”Apple ID\” image present right below the search bar.
- After that, keep scrolling until you find the option \”Find My\”. Then proceed with tapping on it.
- Now, tap on the toggle button present right next to the option named \”Share My Location\”. That\’s all there is to it.
Note: If your Location Services are turned on and all the required Permissions are also enabled, then there might be some other issue that is causing this location not available on the iMessage problem. In this scenario, give the next method a try. Maybe it will work in your case.
Ensure That You’re Sharing your Location from the Correct Device
Some iPhone users have mentioned that switching your iPhone with a new one or a different device might also lead to this issue. But don\’t worry! You can easily and quickly sort out this glitch by just following the next mentioned step-by-step guide.
- First, open the \”Settings\” application on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on your \”Apple ID\” appearing right under the search bar.
- After that, you will see all the devices to which your iCloud account is connected.
- Now, for sure your older iPhone will also be present on this list. You just need to tap on it.
- Next, from the opened window, tap on the option labeled \”Remove From Account\”.
- After that, navigate back to the \”Settings\” app home page on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on the option named \”Privacy\”, followed by tapping on \”Location Services\”.
- Next, you will see a toggle button on the right-hand side of the \”Location Services\” option.
- After that, tap on it to switch it off for a few seconds. Then again tap on it to enable it successfully.
- Now, go on and open the \”iMessage\” app on your iPhone.
- Next, send your location to one of your friends or loved ones.
Finally, you will notice that now the error message fades away, and you are able to share your live location hassle-freely.
In the end, there are a few reasons why your iPhone might say \”Location Not Available\” when you try to send it using the iMessage app. It could be that your location services are turned off, or it could be that there is a problem with the network.
In any case, if you\’re having this problem, try turning on location services and making sure you have a strong cellular signal and all the permissions enabled. If that doesn\’t work, you can always reach out to Apple for support. They will assist you in the best possible manner.
Have you ever tried to fix this problem by yourself? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Have any of our explained methods worked for you? If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below.
You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner. Overall, if you liked this guide, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever.