The Windows File Explorer is a great place to organize your files and folders. However, not many people know that there is a nifty \”My Favorites List\” where you can create shortcuts to the folders and files that you use often. In this article, we\’ll show you how to find it and add items to your favorites so that you can save time on your next search.
Managing files on your computer can be tricky at the best of times, and it\’s not uncommon for people to get a little bit lost in all those folders. If you\’re looking for my favorites list in File Explorer, then we have good news for you and that is it\’s very easy to find.
Windows File Explorer does a lot to make you more productive. One of these features is the My Favorites List, which displays your most important folders and files at the top of the window. However, did you know that sometimes your favorites list can disappear?
There are a number of reasons this might happen. It could be because you\’ve customized the Explorer settings and have hidden it manually or because something went wrong during an update. However, don\’t fret! We will be going to show you how you can easily locate My Favorites List in File Explorer on your Windows PC shortly.
Guide to Find My Favorites List in File Explorer
If you\’re wondering where your Favorites list is in File Explorer, don\’t worry. It\’s still there but has just been moved to a new location. Here, we\’ll show you where to find it and how to add items to it.
With the My Favorites List, you can quickly access the folders and files that you use most often without having to navigate through all of your other files. So if you\’re looking for a way to streamline your workflow, be sure to check out the steps mentioned below carefully.
- First, open the File Explorer on your Windows PC, by clicking on its icon from the taskbar.
- Next, click on the tab labeled \”View\” appearing in the upper left-hand corner of your PC screen.
- After that, from the available options click on the one named \”Navigation Pane\”.
- Now, a dropdown list will appear in front of you with a set of options. Here click on \”Show All Folders\”.
- Next, you will see a tick mark appearing on the left side of this option. Also, inside the left pane window, under your profile account option, there will be an option named \”Favorites\”. Click on it.
- After that, a \”Favorites Bar\” folder will appear on your screen, inside which all your favorites files and folders will be stored.
Finally, with this, you have successfully found the My Favorites List in File Explorer on your Windows machine.
See also: How to find Bluetooth on your PC
Even though the My Favorites List in File Explorer has been moved to a different location in Windows 10, it is still easy to access and use. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can add any folder or file to your favorites list so that you can quickly find it again later.
Have you ever tried to locate My Favorites List in File Explorer on your PC? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Has our explained method worked for you?
If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this article, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever, brothers and sisters.