It is not always convenient to remember and then enter your Wi-Fi password on a separate new device. If you would like to share your Wi-Fi password from one device to another i.e. from iPhone to Mac or vice versa, then don\’t worry this article will show you how to do it step-by-step.
Wi-Fi is the go-to way of connecting to the internet these days. While there are many more ways to connect via Bluetooth or a cable, still Wi-Fi is the most convenient and flexible method.
Connecting wirelessly through cell phone service providers is much more costly, so many people prefer to use a Wi-Fi hotspot. A hotspot can be either a free shared connection or a personal connection that you have set up for yourself. The latter option can be tricky because no one wants to always remember their own password.
It can be really hard to keep up with all the passwords you might need to use on your PC, whether it\’s for your operating system or for Wi-Fi. So we\’ve put together a guide for you that will teach you how to share your Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Mac or Vice Versa. In this way, you don\’t have to worry about forgetting it all.
Some Pre-Requisites Before Sharing Your Wi-Fi Password Between Devices
You must ensure that the below-mentioned points are all met to the fullest before moving on with sharing your Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Mac or vice versa.
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth feature is switched on. It is for both iPhone and Mac.
- Ensure that any personal hotspots are switched off.
- Make sure the presence of each other\’s Apple ID inside the E-mail section in Contacts. (Note: It is recommended to use the same Apple ID for both iPhone and Mac since it makes the process much simpler and easier)
- Ensure the presence of both iPhone and Mac near the Wi-Fi device and in close vicinity of each other. This will make the Bluetooth connection stronger.
After you are done with all these prerequisites successfully, now you can proceed with the actual task of sharing your Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Mac or vice versa.
Guide to Share Your Wi-Fi Password From iPhone to Mac
Follow the next mentioned steps in strict order. This will ultimately assist you in achieving your desired goal i.e., sharing your Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Mac.
- First, go on and connect your iPhone to the relevant Wi-Fi network.
- Next, on your Mac navigate to the Wi-Fi status menu and open it.
- After that, click on the same Wi-Fi network to which your iPhone is connected.
- Now, a prompt will appear on your Mac screen, asking you to enter the Wi-Fi network password.
- Next, your iPhone will display a notification box labeled \”Wi-Fi Password\”. It will be showing the following message i.e., Do you want to share the Wi-Fi password for \”Your_Wi-Fi_Network_Name\” with \”X_MacBook Air\”.
- After that, tap on the \”Share Password\” button inside this box.
- Now, with this, the iPhone will share the Wi-Fi password with the Mac. But you need to be patient, as it will take some time.
- Next, once the Wi-Fi password is successfully shared between the devices, then you will again see a notification box on your iPhone. This time it will be labeled as \”Complete\”, with the following message i.e., Successfully shared your Wi-Fi password.
- Finally, tap on the \”Done\” button inside this box to complete the process fully. Your Mac will by now have received the password, and you can enjoy surfing the web using this Wi-Fi network.
Guide to Share Your Wi-Fi Password From Mac to iPhone
In order to share your Wi-Fi password from Mac to iPhone, you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully.
- First, go on and connect your Mac to the relevant Wi-Fi network.
- Next, on your iPhone launch the Settings app followed by tapping on the option labeled Wi-Fi.
- After that, tap on the same Wi-Fi network to which your Mac is connected.
- Now, a prompt will appear on your iPhone screen, asking you to enter the Wi-Fi network password.
- Next, at the same time, on the top right-hand corner of your Mac screen, there will be a notification box popping up labeled WI-FI PASSWORD. It will be showing the following message i.e., Share Wi-Fi password for \”Your_Wi-Fi_Network_Name\” with \”X_iPhone\”.
- After that, proceed with hovering the cursor on this notification box and then clicking Options -> Share.
- Now, your iPhone will get the Wi-Fi password from your Mac for the Wi-Fi network and connect to it automatically.
Finally, with this, now you can enjoy using the internet on your iPhone hassle-freely.
So there you have it! A quick and easy guide on how to share your Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Mac or vice versa. This can be a great way to make sure that all of your devices are connected to the internet without having to remember multiple passwords.
We hope this article has helped you figure out the solution to the laid question in the best possible manner. Sharing your Wi-Fi password is a great way to make sure that everyone in your home or office can get online without any trouble.
In the end, you are free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
Also, provide your feedback on this blog post inside the comments section below. Overall, if you liked it, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys!