This blog post will take you through how to mark a message as unread on iPhone with iOS 16. The process is simple and only takes a few minutes to complete. So, if you are an iPhone user, then stay with us, because this article might prove to be handy for you.
Apple just announced iOS 16, a major update to its flagship mobile operating system. Among the many features bundled in this update is a feature that allows users to mark their messages as unread on iPhone.
With iOS 16, there is a new attribute that allows you to mark a message as unread. This feature will come in handy if you receive a message and want to see it again as it has never been opened or read before. Follow this tutorial to learn how to mark a message as unread on iPhone with iOS 16!
Mark a Single Message as Unread on iPhone With iOS 16
Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order, to get the job done in no time. Here is how to do it:
- First, launch the \”Messages\” application on your iPhone.
- Next, pick the conversation/message that you want to mark as unread.
- After that, tap and hold onto this message with your thumb or finger, until you get haptic feedback (vibration).
- Now, a context menu will appear on your iPhone screen with a list of different options. Here, tap on the option labeled \”Mark as Unread\”. That\’s all!
Alternatively, you can also just open the Messages application. Then, on the message that you would like to mark as unread, swipe right. Now, from the different options available to you, tap on the one named \’Unread\’. Finally, you will see a blue dot displaying on the left-hand side of the message indicating that it is now an unread message.
Note: The sender of the message will still see the message as read if you have the \’Read Receipts\’ feature turned on. Let us make this thing clear, marking a message as unread will not undo that. Its only function is to serve as a reminder for you to get back to the conversation.
Mark Multiple Messages as Unread on iPhone With iOS 16
If you don\’t have enough time to mark every single message as unread, then don\’t worry. Here, we will be showing you the steps following which you can easily mark multiple messages as unread on your iPhone with iOS 16. Here is what needs to be done:
- First, open the \”Messages\” application on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the three horizontal dots icon appearing in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. It will be present on the left-hand side of the \”Edit\” option.
- After that, from the list of options displayed in front of you, tap on the one labeled \”Select Messages\”.
- Now, one by one tap on the messages that you want to mark as unread. As soon as you tap on a message, it will have a tick mark on its side.
- Finally, once you are done with selecting all the messages, go on and tap on the \”Unread\” option. It will be appearing in the bottom left-hand corner of your iPhone\’s screen.
With this, you have successfully marked multiple messages as unread in a single go!
There you have it! A quick and easy guide on how to mark a message as unread on your iPhone with iOS 16. This simple trick can be useful if you want to make sure you don\’t forget to follow up on an important email or message.
With the release of iOS 16, iPhone users now have the option to mark a message as unread. This is a great way to keep track of important messages that you need to reply to, but don\’t have the time to do so right away. This can be useful if you want to read a message but don\’t have space at the moment, or if you want to make sure you remember to reply to it later.
Have you done this, before reading this blog post? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? If you have gone through this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this article, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your best friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed!