One of the most important aspects of owning a sprint phone is staying up to date on the newest network features and updates. Although there are many sources from which you can obtain such information, this blog post will specifically focus on how to update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) on your Sprint Phone.
You don\’t want to be stuck in a country and not have your phone work. A situation like that is the last thing you need when on vacation. Fortunately, there are ways to save yourself from this problem. Find out how in this article shortly!
What is the PRL? The Preferred Roaming List, otherwise known as the PRL, is a list of all the sprint mobile phone carriers that you can use your phone on. It is updated every two years and contains information about all of the carriers from around the world.
Have you heard of the term PRL? It is a really handy way to stay in touch with your family and friends while you\’re on a trip. If you use a sprint phone and frequently travel to another country, then there\’s a pretty good chance that you have already bumped into the dreaded \’No Service\’ text message.
While it may seem like you\’re doomed to never get service again, there are actually a few things you can do to try and fix your phone. In this guide, we\’ll show you how to update your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) so that you can stay connected no matter where your travels take you.
Step-By-Step Guide to Update PRL on Sprint Phones
Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully in order to update PRL on sprint phones quickly and without facing any hassle. Here is what needs to be done.
Using Sprint Phone Info
- First, navigate to your sprint phone home screen and tap on \”Menu\”.
- Next, from the available options tap on the one labeled \”Settings\”.
- After that, proceed with tapping on the \”Menu\” key.
- Now, tap on the \”Phone Info\” option, followed by scrolling down to your sprint phone version.
- Next, again tap on the \”Menu\” key.
- After that, locate the \”PRL Field\” and highlight it. Then tap on the \”Update\” option.
- Now, be patient since the update procedure will take some of your precious time.
- Next, tap on the option named \”End\”, to successfully land on your sprint phone home screen.
Via Sprint Phone Settings
- First, open the \”Settings\” and tap on \”General\”.
- Now, tap on the option i.e., \”Update PRL\”. Then the updating process will start and you need to wait for it to complete successfully.
- Next, once this update is finished, you need to tap the \”End\” key. Then, move back to the home screen of your sprint phone.
Using Sprint Phone Preferences
- First, proceed with tapping on the \”Phone\” key. It will be green in color.
- Now, move to the \”Applications\” menu and tap on the option i.e., \”Preferences\”.
- Next, tap on \”Update PRL\”.
- After that, wait for the update to complete successfully.
- Now, tap the \”End\” key in red color, to finally get back to the main home screen.
If you own a sprint phone, it\’s important to keep your PRL updated. Doing so will ensure that you have the best possible connection and coverage. Updating your PRL is a relatively simple process, and we hope our guide has helped you through it.
This process only takes a few minutes, so it\’s definitely worth a shot if you\’re experiencing issues with your sprint service. We hope this article has helped you troubleshoot the issue and get your phone working properly again, and that you\’re now enjoying better service.
Have you had any experience with updating your PRL? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Has our explained procedure worked for you?
If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this blog post, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever folks!