Tumblr is a great way to access the latest trends in culture, from movies to TV shows and everything in between. However, there are some blogs that offer content that might not be appropriate for all audiences.
If you find yourself following one of these blogs but don\’t want to see any more explicit material, then follow the steps mentioned in this blog post to successfully turn off safe mode on Tumblr!
In the past year, more and more people are using Tumblr as an alternative to Instagram. It basically is a micro-blogging platform where users post text, videos, quotes, images, GIFs, and music. The primary attraction of Tumblr is that it offers a creative outlet for self-expression.
The Safe Mode on Tumblr was introduced in order to address the problem of predatory behavior that was endemic on the site and made users feel unsafe and uncomfortable. It is a way for Tumblr to stop NSFW or inappropriate content from being seen by users that are browsing through their dashboard. This article will teach you how to turn safe mode off if you want to see all the posts, and not have them filtered.
To summarize, Tumblr is a social media platform that allows its users to post numerous beneficial stuff without restrictions. One of the features of Tumblr is Safe Mode, which is a security measure that restricts what content can be seen by others on a user\’s blog, based on their age. However, you might be wondering how to disable this feature. Check out this guide for some tips and tricks!
Turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr on a PC
The majority of Tumblr users are using this platform on their PC/Laptop, whether it be Windows or MAC. In order to turn off safe mode on Tumblr using a PC, follow the next-mentioned steps carefully.
- First, open a web browser of your own choice. For this tutorial, we are using the well-known Google Chrome browser.
- Next, inside the address/URL bar, type in the following web address i.e., https://www.tumblr.com/
- After that, press the \”Enter\” key on your keyboard. This will result in landing you on the official Tumblr website.
- Now, enter your correct credentials i.e., Username/Email and Password, to successfully sign in to your Tumblr account.
- Next, keep scrolling and browsing this Tumblr homepage.
- After that, as soon as some blog or post, that is explicit and marked unsafe, appears in front of you, proceed with clicking on the link labeled \”Go To My Dashboard Link\”.
- Now, you will see that the unsafe blog will be displayed on the right-hand side of your PC screen.
- Next, go on and click the option named \”View This Tumblr\”. It will be available besides the blog.
Finally, with the above-mentioned step completed, you will now be able to see the unsafe blog\’s content freely.
Note: The major issue with this method is that you have to perform all the steps again and again for each separate post. This feels quite annoying and irritating at times.
Turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr on Android/iOS
You can also turn off the safe mode on Tumblr using your Android or iOS device. Here is what needs to be done:
- First, move to the \”Apps\” section on your Android/iOS device.
- Next, tap on the \”Tumblr\” application to open it.
- After that, once it is launched completely, proceed with signing in to your Tumblr account.
- Now, you will land on the Tumblr homepage. Here, keep scrolling until you find some blog or post that is hidden.
- Next, if you try to access this blog, then a prompt will be displayed informing you that it is unsafe or contains explicit content.
- After that, tap on the option labeled \”View This Tumblr\”.
Finally, with this, you are showing your consent to have a look at the hidden blog or post. It will unhide and you can enjoy it without any restriction.
Turn off Safe Mode on Tumblr Without Account
If you are just a visitor to the Tumblr website and don\’t possess an official Tumblr account, even then you can turn off the safe mode and have a look at all the stuff hassle-freely. All you need is a third-party tool named Tumbex. Here is how to do it, step-by-step.
- First, launch a web browser on your device.
- Next, navigate to the following link i.e., https://www.tumbex.com/
- After that, you will see a search field appearing in front of you.
- Now, inside this, type in the name of the blog or post, that you want to unhide.
- Next, proceed by clicking on the button labeled \”Safe Search\”.
- After that, set the content that you wish to look at, and finally, refresh the page. That\’s all there is to it!
Note: If you want to search for a hidden blog instead of a single post, then use the lower search bar to search for it.
See also: How to access Tumblr archive
We hope this article has helped you figure out how to turn off safe mode on Tumblr. Whether you\’re trying to access adult content or simply want to browse the internet without restrictions, turning off safe mode is a simple process.
With just a few clicks, you can disable safe mode and regain full access to Tumblr. So don\’t wait any longer, get rid of those pesky restrictions, and start surfing or browsing freely!
Have you ever performed this task before reading this blog post? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to do it? Have our explained guides played a vital role for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this blog article, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever!