Do you need a little extra brightness on your screen in order to see the page you\’re surfing or browsing? If so, it\’s likely that you don\’t want the dark mode enabled. In this article, you\’ll learn how to turn off dark mode on Chrome on desktops and smartphones. So, just stay with us for the next couple of minutes, and we assure you that you will not get disappointed in the end.
Some Major Pros and Cons of Dark Mode
There are pros and cons to using dark mode on your web browser. One pro is that it can help reduce eye strain and fatigue, especially if you work in an environment with lots of bright lights or in a dimly lit room. Another pro is that it can make your screen appear clearer and easier to read in a low-light environment.
On top of that, another major advantage is that it can assist in saving battery life on devices with OLED and AMOLED screens. Moreover, it can also make it easier to focus on the content of a webpage, since there is less contrast between the background and the text.
On the other hand, there are downsides to using the dark mode on the Chrome browser. One of the most common drawbacks of this mode is that it can make some websites harder to read, especially the text that is not white or light-colored.
In addition, it can also cause issues with color-blind users or the visually impaired. In case, if you find that dark mode is causing more problems than it\’s worth, you can always turn it off by going into your Chrome browser settings.
Do you find the dark mode to be hard on your eyes? Do you want it gone asap? There are a lot of people who have realized that dark mode has some pretty major usability flaws. So, join us as we show you how to turn off dark mode on Chrome, and live a little bit brighter for it!
Guide to Turn off Dark Mode in Chrome on Desktop/Laptop
Follow the next-mentioned steps in sequential order, to successfully turn off dark mode in your Google Chrome web browser on your Desktop/Laptop.
- First, launch the \”Google Chrome\” web browser on your PC.
- Next, click on the option labeled \”Customise Chrome\”. It will be present in the bottom right-hand corner of your Chrome browser home screen.
- After that, a prompt or an overlay pane will appear in front of you. From this, click on the option named \”Color and Theme\”. It will be available on the left-hand side, among the other two options i.e., Background, Shortcuts.
- Now, proceed with clicking on the \”Default Color\” option, present under the title i.e., \”Customize This Page\”.
- Next, go and click on the button labeled \”Done\”. It will be available in the bottom right-hand corner of the overlay pane.
Finally, with the above step completed successfully, you will now see that the dark mode has turned off on your desktop\’s Chrome browser.
Guide to Turn off Dark Mode in Chrome on Android Smartphone
Follow the below-mentioned steps in chronological order, to successfully turn off dark mode in your Google Chrome web browser on your Android smartphone.
- First, launch the \”Google Chrome\” web browser on your Android smartphone from the home screen.
- Next, tap on the \”three vertical dots\” icon appearing in the upper right-hand corner of your mobile device screen.
- After that, from the whole list of options, tap on the one labeled \”Settings\”.
- Now, under the section named \”Basics\”, tap on the option i.e., \”Theme\”.
- Next, proceed with tapping on the radio button, present on the left-hand side of the option, titled \”Light\”.
Finally, with this, the light mode will be enabled on the Chrome web browser on your Android smartphone. In other words, you have successfully turned off the dark mode on Chrome. Hurray!
Guide to Turn off Dark Mode in Chrome on iPhone
Although most iPhone users prefer the Safari web browser over Chrome, still we felt the need to discuss this method with our beloved readers, who own an iPhone. Here is what needs to be done:
- First, launch the \”Settings\” app on your iPhone.
- Next, keep scrolling until you find the option labeled \”Display & Brightness\”. Once found, tap on it.
- After that, under the section named \”Appearance\”, tap on the radio button present right beneath the option i.e., \”Light\”.
- Now, move to your iPhone\’s lock screen. Here, swipe downward from the upper end of your screen.
- Next, from the different options available in front of you, tap and hold the \”Brightness Bar\”.
- After that, some options will start displaying on the bottom end of the screen, titled Dark Mode Off, Night Shift Off Until Sunset, and True Tone On.
- Now, among these, proceed with tapping on the \”Dark Mode Off\” option. This will result in turning off the dark mode across your whole iPhone system.
That\’s all there is to it. Finally, this means that you have successfully disabled the dark mode in Chrome on your iPhone.
In this blog post, we showed you how to turn off Dark Mode on Chrome on different devices. Although the dark mode is a great way to save battery life and reduce eye strain, if you prefer the classic look of Chrome, it\’s easy to disable.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you in figuring out the solution to the problem of interest. While dark mode can be helpful in some situations, it’s not always necessary or desirable. If you want to change back to a normal browsing experience, following the steps above should help you do so in no time!
Have you ever performed this task before reading our described guides? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to do it? Have our explained procedures proved beneficial for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them asap, surely.
In the end, if you liked this article, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your best friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever. Until then, happy reading!