Microsoft recently released a Windows update on its platform. Since then, one of the new features that many people are talking about is the restoration of a search box to the Windows Desktop.
Windows 11 users who don\’t like this change might be looking for a way to remove it – but is that possible? In this article, we\’ll take a look at why it\’s back and how you can get rid of it for good!
The search box present at the center of the Windows 11 desktop is quite a handy tool. It is a great way to find what you\’re looking for on your system. You can simply type in the name of a file or a program or a keyword/phrase and it will bring up a list of results.
You can also use it to find programs and settings on your PC. If you\’re not sure where something is, the search box is a great way to find it quickly. Moreover, you can also utilize it for surfing the web, because it is powered by Microsoft\’s Bing search engine.
But, most people prefer using web browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and search engines like Google or Yahoo, instead of Microsoft Bing and Microsoft Edge. For those folks, this search box is of no use and is only taking their desktop space.
So, for these friends, we have come up with a method that can assist them in successfully removing the search box from their Windows 11 Desktop. So keep reading this blog post, and we assure you that you will not get disappointed in the end.
Guide to Remove Search Box From Windows 11 Desktop
Follow the next mentioned steps in strict sequential order to successfully remove the search box from your Windows 11 desktop hassle-freely.
- First, right-click anywhere on the desktop. But make sure to click on some empty area and not by selecting some element.
- Next, from the appearing context menu, click on the option labeled \”Show Search\”. You will see that it has a tick mark on its side.
- After that, once you clicked on it the tick mark icon will fade away. This means that it is now disabled successfully.
- Now, launch the \”Task Manager\”. Then inspect if any process or program linked with this search box feature is not running in the background.
- Next, scroll down and find this process i.e., DesktopSearchBoxCentennial, inside the Task Manager.
- After that, right-click on it and from the context menu click on \”End Task\”.
- Now, go back to your Windows 11 Desktop home screen. You will notice that you have finally gotten rid of the search box present at the very center of the screen.
If you\’re not a fan of the search box on your Windows 11 desktop, you can remove it easily enough. Just follow the steps in this article and you\’ll have it withdrawn in no time. Once it\’s gone, you can enjoy your clean and clutter-free desktop.
Have you ever tried to remove it by yourself before? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below.
You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner. Overall, if you liked this guide, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends, colleagues, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys, and stay blessed forever!