FaceTime is a great video calling app that Apple offers free with all of its devices. Here in this article, we show you how to move a FaceTime call between your iPhone, Mac, and iPad, so that you can talk to someone no matter where you are hassle-freely.
Depending on who you\’re talking to, it can be frustrating and even confusing if they can\’t see your face while video chatting. Thankfully, Apple has created a system that allows you to move your FaceTime call between devices so that the call is always in sync. Whether you\’re at home or out of the house, FaceTime calls are still just as easy with this app.
In the all-new iOS 16, Apple has finally created a way for you to move a FaceTime call seamlessly between your iPhone, Mac, and iPad. This is great news if you are always having to switch devices as you are going about your day, or if you have an office where it\’s not always possible for everyone to be in the same place.
With the release of the newest iPhone models and updates to FaceTime, there is now a slew of ways you can video chat with your friends and family on the go. This blog post includes a breakdown of how you can use FaceTime on all three types of devices, as well as what it takes to move your call from one device to another without facing any issues or problems.
Guide to Move a Facetime Call Between Your iPhone, Mac, and iPad
Before moving on to the steps, we want to provide you with some additional information that will assist you in avoiding any unnecessary circumstances.
- Make sure that your iPhone is running on iOS 16, iPad on iPadOS 16, and Mac on macOS Ventura. Otherwise, you won\’t be able to move a FaceTime call between your Apple devices.
- Also, ensure that your iPhone, iPad, and Mac are all signed in to the same Apple ID.
- Lastly, the Handoff feature must be enabled on all your Apple products i.e., iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Follow the below-mentioned steps to turn on this feature.
- First, launch the \”Settings\” app on your iPhone.
- Next, locate the option labeled \”General\”. Once found, tap on it.
- After that, scroll down until you find the option named \”AirPlay & Handoff\”. As soon as you see it, tap on it.
- Now, you will see a toggle button present right next to the option i.e., \”Handoff\”. Tap on it, to successfully enable it.
- Next, launch the \”Settings\” app on your iPad.
- After that, click on the option labeled \”General\” from the left pane on the screen.
- Now, proceed with clicking on the option named \”AirDrop & Handoff\”.
- Finally, click on the toggle button present on the right-hand side of the option i.e., \”Allow Handoff Between This Mac and Your Icloud Devices\”.
Moving a Facetime Call Between Your iPhone, Mac, and iPad via the Handoff Feature
When all the above-mentioned pre-requisites are met successfully, then you can easily move a FaceTime call between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Here is how to do it, step-by-step:
- For a time, consider that you initiated or received a FaceTime call on your iPhone. To peacefully move it to your Mac, go on and click the banner in the notification center on your Macbook that reads \”Move Call to This Mac\”.
- However, at times the banner doesn\’t appear on the Mac screen. In this case, don\’t worry. Just have a look at the icons in the menu bar. There you will see a video camera icon. It is basically the \”FaceTime\” icon. Once you find it, click on it.
- Now, a prompt will appear beneath this icon, asking for your permission to switch the FaceTime call between devices. Proceed by clicking on the \”Switch\” button.
- Next, you will see the \”FaceTime\” application launched on your Mac. You need to click on the \”Join\” button appearing in the bottom left-hand corner, to move the call from your iPhone to your Mac.
- However, if you want to go back to your iPhone, then tap on the notification i.e., \”Move Call to This iPhone\”, on your mobile device. Alternatively, this can also be done by tapping on the video camera icon appearing in the top left-hand corner of your iPhone screen.
- Now, a prompt will appear asking you to switch the FaceTime call from your Mac to your iPhone. Here, tap on the \”Switch\” button, to show your consent.
- Finally, with this, the FaceTime app will launch on your iPhone, and by tapping on the \”Switch\” button, you can enjoy your call on your smartphone, without facing any hassle.
Whether you\’re on a business call or catching up with friends and family, being able to move a FaceTime call between your iPhone, Mac, and iPad can be extremely convenient. With just a few simple steps, you can easily transfer this video call from one device to another.
So next time you need to step away from your desk or leave the house, you can rest assured that your FaceTime call will come with you. So go ahead and give it a try the next time you need to switch things up mid-call!
Have you gone through this task before reading this blog post? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? Has our explained guide played a vital role for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this article, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever, brothers & sisters!