Hotmail predated Gmail’s popularity. Hotmail is practically forgotten now that Gmail dominates email services. Some folks still want to find outdated Hotmail accounts for work. This useful article will teach you how to login to your old Hotmail account gradually.
What causes a Hotmail account to be locked?
If your Hotmail account is ten years old, it is possible that it has already been deleted. If an account isn’t used for five years, it will be deleted automatically.
Microsoft’s rules say that if you haven’t used your Hotmail account or logged in for five years, it could be deleted. Because of this, it may no longer be possible to fix broken Hotmail accounts. But if you think you can still get it back, you can follow the steps below.
How can I tell if my old Hotmail account is still working?
It won’t be hard to find out if your old Hotmail account is still working or not. Because Outlook is like Hotmail in a new era. So, the only way to know if you should let your old Hotmail sign in or not is to sign in to your Outlook account. But to check on this,
- First, use your desktop browser to go to Outlook.com.
- After that, try logging in with your old Hotmail account ID and password.
All done. Now, if your account is still active, you’ll be able to sign in to your old Hotmail account. But if your account hasn’t been used in a while, you may need to make a new one because it may get disabled.
Sign in to old Hotmail | Find account
We’ve already talked about how to access and sign in to your old Hotmail account, but the main question is how to find your old Hotmail account. Don’t be afraid! We’ll help you get there. So, let’s take a look:
- First, go to the account’s Recovery page.
- Then, a form will pop up on your screen. Fill out the form with your Hotmail address, phone number, or name and email address.
- After that, use the captcha to confirm your identity and click the next button.
How do I get back to my old account?
- Then, it will send you a verification code to the email address you gave when you signed up. So, fill it out and click the button that says “Verify.”
- After that, you’ll be asked to answer some questions and click “next.”
- Lastly, fill out the rest of the form and click the “next” button.
- All done. Now, if you filled out the form with enough information, you will get your old Hotmail account back. If you have ever made a Hotmail account, you should forget about that.