YouTube is one of the most popular apps. It can get quite frustrating when you find that YouTube videos aren\’t playing on your computer or mobile device. Especially when your favorite creator just uploaded a new video. In recent times, millions of users rely on YouTube account’s subscription list as the TV guide.
For videos that won\’t play, there can be a handful of different factors at play. Occasionally even though the YouTube site loads just fine, but the video may be too large for your internet connection to stream. In other situations, a page fails to load, however, refreshing the page will fix the problem.
How to fix YouTube video not playing error
But it is not as easy as it seems in all cases. Unfortunately, the solution differs from device to device and is often far from obvious. If you find yourself in this pinch, we are here to help you through it. In this article, we will explain how to fix video playing errors on different devices including TVs and browsers for mobile phones. Let\’s begin
Reasons That YouTube Videos Won\’t Play
Most of the issues that can deter YouTube videos from playing can be discussed under basic categories. These include issues with your browser, computer, internet connection, and problems with YouTube itself.
Some other issues like when YouTube displays a black screen, have other specific fixes. Let\’s discuss each:
The browser problem can be a major culprit behind this error. Refreshing the page fixes the problem mostly, but sometimes you may need to update your browser or clear the cache.
Sometimes computer prevents the video from playing. So to fix this all you need to do is to either restart your computer or look for any possible upgrades.
If your local internet connection is slow, it is usually fixed by first unplugging and then plugging your modem and router back in. Keep in mind that the connectivity speed affects the YouTube video quality. So restarting the router will also help with it.
YouTube mobile problems
YouTube mobile app can get stuck and prevent the video from playing. The simple solution to most YouTube app bugs is to restart the app for this or any other issue.
If the problem persists you can try to clear the app cache and reinstall the app. It solves the glitch usually.
Fixing YouTube video not playing error
Before you try anything else, make sure your web browser or device supports HTML 5. If your browser or device does not support HTML 5, YouTube videos will not play. Also, update video drivers to fix the YouTube stuttering issue. Or try any of these given methods step by step.
1. Update the Browser
First, check for the version of your browser. Then, search for the latest version online and compare the two versions. If the browser is outdated then it is possible that the video won’t play correctly. Updating the browser will fix this issue.
2. Clear Cache and Cookies
Try erasing the cache and cookies, as too many caches and cookies may cause YouTube videos not working. The steps for it are different for different browsers. If you are using some browser other than Chrome or Firefox and have no idea how to clear the cache, go to their official website for detailed instructions.
1. Launch Chrome.
2. Click the three vertical dots \’More\’ icon. Go to \’More tools\’ and select \’Clear browsing data…\’
3. Check the box next to \’Cookies and other site\’ and also for \’Cached images and files\’.
4. Set the \’Time range\’ at the top to \’all time\’.
5. Hit \’Clear data.\’
6. Restart Chrome and play the YouTube video again. It will fix Youtube video not playing error.
1. Launch Firefox.
2. Click the Three-line Menu button at the top right and go to History.
3. Select the \’Clear Recent History…\’ option.
4. Adjust the \’Time range\’ to clear. Expand Details and make sure the Cookies and Cache checkboxes are selected.
5. Next, click \’Clear Now button.\’
6. Restart Firefox and play the YouTube video again.
1. Launch IE.
2. Go to the Tool icon. Follow this path: Safety > Delete browsing history…
3. Make sure to select desired options and then hit the \’Delete\’ button.
4. Restart Windows and play the YouTube videos again.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the Adobe Flash Player
If you don\’t have Adobe Flash Player installed on your device, you can’t play any YouTube videos. Make sure that it is installed first.
In case it is already installed and you are facing this issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player. It works for many windows users.
4. Reset Connection Settings
Occasionally, this issue can be due to internet connections. One solution to this problem is to reset the connection settings. It just requires a few clicks and possibly it may not resolve the problem but it is a wise idea to rule it out.
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Go to Internet Options.
3. Select the Advanced tab to proceed.
4. Next, hit the Restore advanced settings button and Reset button.
5. Then click Apply button.
5. Use a VPN to fix YouTube video not playing error
It can also happen that the video you are trying to play is restricted in your area, or if the server in your region is down. In both cases, the easiest hack is using a VPN, such as NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
Here’s how to access a Nord VPN:
1. Download and install NordVPN from the official website.
2. Run NordVPN to set up your account and sign in.
3. Select the Quick connect button at the bottom of the map. It will automatically choose a server that suits you best.
In case you still can’t access the video, try a different server
6. Update video drivers
If all the above-mentioned tips are not working for you, try updating your video drivers to the latest versions. Occasionally, the YouTube stuttering error can also be caused by an old, corrupted or missing video driver on your computer. You can update your video driver either manually or automatically.
Manual video driver update
You can update your video driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for your graphics card, like NVIDIA and AMD. Or search for the most recent driver that is also compatible with your Windows.
Automatic video driver update
If you don’t have the skills to update your video driver manually, update your driver automatically. Driver Easy is a software that will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your exact graphics card, and your Windows version. Moreover, it will download and install them hassle-free:
1. Download and install DriverEasy.
2. Launch DriverEasy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will proceed to scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3. Click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
1. Open a YouTube video in your browser.
2. Click the three-dot icon at the upper right corner of your screen, then go to Settings.
3. Select the Privacy and Security settings and click the Site Settings.
5. Go back to the YouTube video and refresh the web page.
More from us : How to blur image background in Adobe Lightroom
8. How to Fix YouTube Videos Not Playing on Safari
If you are using Safari, you might have to update the latest version of your browser. . Follow the steps below:
1. Open the Settings app on your computer.
2. Go to System Preferences, then click \’Software Update.\’
3. Available updates will show up. Click \’Update now\’ to update your macOS automatically. Relaunch YouTube
If your problem is still there and Safari is up to date. You might have to disable plugins in Safari.
9. How to fix YouTube videos not playing error on Android
If you are facing this issue on your Android, similarly look for any updates for the YouTube all. If that doesn’t help, consider clearing the Google Play and YouTube cache. Here\’s how:
1. Go to your device’s Settings app.
2. Locate the YouTube app.
3. Tap the Storage option, then tap Clear cache.
4. Go back to the app list and open Google Play.
5. Tap Storage, then tap Clear cache. Restart your phone.
It is unlikely that YouTube videos do not play after clearing the app cache and refreshing your Google Play account. The extreme measure is to delete your profile information without removing your Gmail address.
Hopefully, you find these methods helpful in fixing your YouTube videos not playing issue. If you have any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below.