One problem that can happen to any printer, is the Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b. This article will walk you through what the error code means, how it affects your PC, and how to fix it.
Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b is a common error that usually occurs when you are installing or configuring a printer on Windows 10 or 11. It might also appear when you give a printing command on your machine. This guide will provide help for troubleshooting to fix the error and get your printer working again in no time.
Some Initial Steps to Solve Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b
If you\’re getting the 0x0000011b error when trying to print from Windows, it\’s usually because your printer is not set up correctly. Here are some troubleshooting tips to help you fix the problem.
First, make sure that your printer is properly connected to your computer. If it\’s not, connect it and then try printing again.
However, if your printer is precisely and accurately attached, but you\’re still getting the 0x0000011b error, try updating your printer drivers. You can do this by going to the manufacturer\’s website and downloading the latest drivers for your model of printer.
Once you\’ve updated your drivers, restart your PC and try printing again. If the error still persists, there may be a problem with your printer itself. In this case, you\’ll need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance. Surely they will provide the best solution.
Causes of Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b
There are many different causes of the Windows printer error 0x0000011b. One of the most common ones is a corrupt or outdated driver. If you have an outdated printer, it is likely that the driver is also out of date. In this case, you can update your printer driver by visiting the company\’s official website and downloading the latest driver.
Another major cause of this error is a conflict between the printer and another piece of hardware or software on your computer. If you have recently installed new hardware or software, try uninstalling it and see if that fixes the problem.
Moreover, if you are still having trouble, you can try resetting your printer settings. Sometimes the settings are changed leading to these types of deadly errors. To do this, go to the control panel and click on \”View Devices and Printers.\” Right-click on your printer and select \”Properties.\” Now, click on the \”Remove Device\” tab, followed by clicking on \”Add a Device\”. This will reset your printer to its default settings.
If nothing is working for you, and you are still having problems and issues with your printing device, you may need to contact your printer manufacturer for further troubleshooting assistance.
Fixing Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b
If you\’re getting the Windows printer error 0x0000011b, it\’s likely because your printer is not set as the default printer for printing documents. To fix this, follow these steps:
- First, open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Next, navigate to the Hardware and Sound section.
- After that, under this section click on the option labeled View Devices and Printers.
- Now, select your printer by clicking on it. Then right-click on your printer and from the context menu click on the option named Set as Default Printer.
- Finally, close the Control Panel and try printing again.
If you\’re still getting the error, there may be an issue with your printer drivers. To update your drivers, follow these steps:
- First, download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the manufacturer\’s website.
- Then, restart your PC and try printing again. Maybe this will work for you.
Other Techniques to Fix the Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b
There are other methods and techniques available to cope with this error in the best possible manner. Here we will be mentioning some of the best solutions in detail. So, don\’t worry! We assure you that after reading this article, you will solve this error easily on your own.
By Uninstalling Recent Windows Updates
If you have recently updated your Windows, then try uninstalling these updates and check if the error is resolved or not. According to most Windows 11 users, they examined that uninstalling KBKB5005565 and KB5005568 fixed the problem of interest.
Here is how to uninstall updates on your Windows PC, step-by-step:
- First, open the Control Panel on your PC, by searching it inside the search bar present at the bottom of your screen.
- Next, navigate to the section labeled Programs.
- After that, under this section, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Now, click on View Installed Updates, from the left-pane.
- Next, click on the most recent update from the whole list of updates, followed by clicking on the Uninstall button.
You can also perform this task of uninstalling recent Windows updates, with the aid of Command Prompt (CMD). Here\’s how to do it:
- First, click on the search bar appearing in the bottom left-hand corner of your PC screen next to the Windows logo.
- Next, type in \”cmd\” and you will see the Command Prompt option appearing in front of you.
- After that, right-click on it to successfully open the CMD window as an Administrator, by clicking the Run as Administrator option from the context menu.
- Now, run this command inside the Command Prompt window i.e., wusa /uninstall /kb:
- Next, type in the KB number right next to the colon (:) For example, if you want to uninstall KB5004567, run this command i.e., wusa /uninstall /kb:KB5004567.
Finally, inspect whether a successful connection is now built between your PC and printer. If yes, then bravo! you have resolved the issue successfully. Otherwise, go on and install your printer using its IP address.
Note: You must disable the auto-update option, because if it is left turned on, then the Windows will start installing updates when you reboot the device. This will ultimately result in triggering this error 0x0000011b again.
By Manually Adding the Printer Using Its IP Address
Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order, to fulfill this task without facing any hassle.
- First, navigate to your PC Settings.
- Next, from the set of available options, click on the one labeled Devices.
- After that, from the left-pane window click on Printers & Scanners.
- Now, click on the button named Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Next, it will take some time to find your printer and scanner. Then, click on the option labeled \”the printer you want to add is not on the list\”.
- After that, navigate to the Add a Printer Using a TCP/IP Address or Hostname radio button and click it.
- Now, be in line with the on-screen commands and place your Printer\’s IP Address in the desired place.
- Then, click on the Next button to peacefully connect your devices together i.e., PC and Printer.
Finally, go on and check if the printer has started working normally, and if it prints out your documents in the usual way. Or the error code is still putting bricks in your way of utilizing your printing machine hassle-freely.
By Disabling Print Spooler RPC Encryption
The steps are mentioned below to disable the print spooler RPC encryption. This will assist in resolving the Windows printer error code 0x0000011b.
- First, open the Registry Editor on your PC, by searching it inside the search bar.
- Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print.
- After that, right-click on the Print key, followed by picking New → DWORD-32 bit value.
- Now, give the new key the following name i.e., RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled.
- Next, double-click on this key and then proceed with setting its value equal to 0.
Finally, reboot your PC and inspect if the printer is now connecting with your system or not.
The Windows Printer Error 0x0000011b is a very common error that can be fixed by following the steps outlined in this article. By taking these simple steps, you will be able to fix the problem and get your printer up and running again in no time.
If you\’re facing this error, don\’t despair. In this blog post, we\’ve outlined a few simple methods and techniques that will help you fix the problem asap. First, try restarting your printer and PC. If that doesn\’t work, check for any loose connections or driver updates that might be needed. Finally, if all else fails, contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
Have you ever tried to fix this error by yourself? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below.
You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner. Plus, if you liked this guide, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends and family members. Thank you all in advance and stay blessed our brothers and sisters.