Have you ever been listening to a song on Spotify, and then suddenly logged out of your account? If so, you\’re not alone. In this article, we\’ll take a look at what causes this to happen and how you can fix it.
Spotify is a great way to listen to music without having to download the song. It has a large library of songs and albums, as well as personalized playlists from artists and friends that you follow. However, it does have one downside – it can become frustrating when the app keeps logging you out at times.
It is one of the best music streaming services out there – but that doesn\’t mean that it\’s flawless. Out of nowhere, you might get logged out and have to log in again, or your song will stop playing in the middle. This can be annoying, especially if you\’re following a playlist with strict timing. Luckily, we know about a few tricks for fixing this problem and all of them use only Spotify features. So, let\’s have a look at each one of them in detail in the next sections.
What Causes Spotify to Keep Logging You Out
If you\’re using the desktop app, it\’s possible that your computer\’s security settings are set too high, which can block Spotify from working properly. To fix this, you\’ll need to change your PC\’s security settings.
However, if you\’re using the Spotify app on your mobile device, it may be that your phone\’s battery saver mode is turned on, which must be interfering with Spotify. To get rid of this, you should turn off the battery saver mode on your smartphone.
It\’s also possible that there\’s a problem with your account that\’s causing Spotify to keep logging you out. If this is the case, you\’ll need to contact Spotify customer support for help.
Ways to Fix Spotify Keeps Logging You Out
If you\’re having trouble with Spotify repeatedly logging you out, there are a few things you can do to fix the issue. We have researched and come up with these available methods that can assist you in solving this Spotify problem.
By Signing Out & Then Signing In Again on Spotify Across All Devices
For this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, launch a web browser e.g., Google Chrome on your PC/Laptop.
- Next, navigate to the Spotify website by clicking on this link.
- After that, click on the option labeled Log In, appearing in the upper right-hand corner of your PC screen.
- Now, you will see the login page in front of you. Enter your correct credentials i.e., Username/Email and Password in order to successfully log in to your Spotify account.
- Next, click on your profile picture icon. It will be present at the top right-hand corner of your screen in place of the login option.
- After that, from the dropdown menu click on the option named Account.
- Now, a new window will open on your web browser. Scroll down to the end of the page and click on the button labeled Sign out everywhere. This will log you out from your Spotify account on all the devices.
Now, login to Spotify on a single device whether your desktop or smartphone. Then check whether the problem is resolved or still persists.
By Changing Your Spotify Password
In some cases, having a single Spotify password for quite a long time can arise the problem of Spotify keeps logging you out. So you must change your passcode after every 2-3 weeks. It\’s recommended by Spotify as well. Here\’s how to do it.
- First, navigate to the Spotify website on your web browser.
- Next, log in to your Spotify account by entering the correct credentials.
- After that, click on your profile picture which is appearing in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Now, click on the option labeled Account from the dropdown menu.
- Next, click on Change Password.
- After that, type in your current password in the available box.
- Now, type in the new password which you want to have for your Spotify account.
- Next, type the new password once again.
- Finally, click on the Set New Password button to successfully reset the password.
That\’s it! Now inspect whether the issue is solved or not.
By Uninstalling System Cleaning Apps
These apps are quite beneficial in cleaning junk and unnecessary files from your smartphone. They do their best to speed up your mobile device and optimize its performance in the best possible manner. However, sometimes these system cleaning apps appear like a nail in the coffin, especially for the Spotify app.
Due to their function of forcefully closing unused apps and lowering memory usage as well as powering on battery saver mode, these apps can be a major reason behind this Spotify keeps logging you out thing.
We recommend you uninstall these system cleaning apps if you have any of them installed on your Android or Apple smartphone. Then go on and run Spotify and see if you have gotten rid of the issue or not.
By Updating Spotify App to the Latest Version
One of the sole reasons why Spotify keeps logging you out is that the app is out of date or has not been updated for some time. The older versions might have some bugs and issues that can lead to unmannered behavior by the app.
So, it is recommended to use the latest version of the Spotify app. You can update the app by simply going to the Google Play Store if you are an Android user. On the other hand, if you are an iPhone user then you can navigate to the Apple App Store.
In both cases search for the Spotify app in the search bar and then tap on the Update button to successfully update the app to the latest version. As soon as the app is updated to the latest version, try to check if the issue is resolved.
Note: You can also turn on the Auto Update Apps option in the App Settings on your smartphone. Turn on this setting, so that the apps get updated to the latest version by themselves without needing a manual update after some time.
By Turning off Third-Party Applications Access
You can solve the problem of Spotify keeps logging you out by turning off the third-party applications\’ access on your smartphone. There’s a high probability that one of the installed third-party apps is behind the excessive occurrence of this problem. Follow these steps to successfully disable the third-party apps access.
- First, open the Spotify website on a web browser on your device.
- Next, log in to your Spotify account by typing in the correct credentials i.e., Username/Email and Password.
- After that, tap or click on your profile picture icon appearing in the top right-hand corner.
- Now, tap on the option labeled Account from the dropdown list.
- Next, tap on the option named Apps.
- Finally, check the remove access button on all linked third-party apps.
By Clearing the Spotify App Cache Data
One of the best fixes to the problem of Spotify keeps logging you out is by clearing the app cache data. The cache files contain information like account passwords and other data that helps in faster access to information the next time you use the app.
However, sometimes the cache files are bulked up and thus result in arousing multiple different issues within the application. So, it\’s better to clear the cache data files when you are facing problems while using an app. Here is how to delete these files for the Spotify app.
- First, launch the Spotify app on your smartphone.
- Next, tap on the gear-shaped icon appearing in the upper right-hand corner of your mobile device screen. This is the Spotify Settings option.
- After that, keep scrolling until you find the section labeled as Storage.
- Finally, tap on the option named Delete Cache, to successfully delete all the cache data files of the Spotify application.
Now, relaunch the Spotify app and see whether the problem is fixed or still appearing while using the app for some time.
By Uninstalling and Then Reinstalling Spotify
If all the other methods don\’t work for you, then don\’t get disappointed. All you need to do now is uninstall the Spotify app from your Android or Apple smartphone. Once the application is successfully uninstalled, proceed to reinstall it.
For this, you need to go to the Google Play Store or Apple App store depending on your smartphone OS. After reinstalling the app on your mobile device, check to see if the problem is resolved or still present.
See also: How To Fix AT&T TV Login Not Working
If you\’ve been struggling with Spotify logging you out constantly, hopefully, this article has given you some insight into how to fix this problem. If you are experiencing this issue, there are a few potential solutions.
First, make sure that your internet connection is stable and try restarting the app. If that doesn\’t work, try clearing your cache and cookies or resetting your password. If you\’re still having trouble, contact Spotify customer support for further assistance.
We hope this article has helped you fix the problem so that you can get back to listening to your favorite tunes. All in all, these are the main things you can do if Spotify keeps logging you out. By following these steps, you should be able to fix the problem and enjoy using Spotify without any interruptions.
If you have any other questions or need help troubleshooting, please feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below. Plus, if you liked this article give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends and family members. Thank you all in advance and stay blessed.