If you\’re like us, you probably spend a lot of time working on your PC/Laptop. Whether it\’s for college assignments, office work, or just for pleasure, you\’ve probably noticed that the bright white background can start to make your eyes fatigue over time. For this, in this blog post, we\’ll show you how to set up and activate Google Docs Dark Mode, so you can get back to work in comfort once again!
It\’s always easier to focus and write something if you\’re in the right environment. It might not seem like a big deal at first, but small decisions you make can have an effect on your productivity levels, for sure. That\’s why it\’s important to be able to change your writing screen, depending on the mood you\’re in currently at the moment.
For example, if you want to avoid eye strain or just want the background of your Google document to be black instead of white, here we will be providing some steps on how to enable Google Docs Dark Mode, which will make things a little bit easier for you!
The default interface for Google Docs is a bright black-on-white design that can be difficult to read on devices with high contrast. To rectify this, you can use the exceptional dark mode options. So, just stay with us for the next couple of minutes, and keep reading. We assure you that you will not get disappointed at the very end!
Guide to Enable Dark Mode in Google Docs: Google Chrome
For PC/Laptop users, the lack of a dark mode is most noticeable in Google Docs, which can be accessed at this link, after logging in with your Google account. Nonetheless, we will show you two different ways to activate dark mode in Google Docs, hassle-freely.
Via \”Google Docs Dark Mode\” Extension
- First, launch the \”Google Chrome\” web browser on your desktop.
- Next, click on the kebab menu icon (⋮) appearing in the top right-hand corner.
- After that, from the context menu displayed, hover on the option labeled \”More Tools\”.
- Now, proceed with clicking on the option i.e., \”Extensions\”. With this, you will land on the \”Google Chrome\’s Extensions Page\”.
- Next, click on the hamburger icon (≡), present in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- After that, you will see an option named \”Open Chrome Web Store\”, in the bottom left-hand corner. Click on it.
- Now, a new tab will be opened with the title \”Chrome Web Store – Extensions\”.
- Next, inside the search bar type in \”Google Docs Dark Mode\”, followed by pressing the \”Enter\” key on your keyboard.
- After that, from the whole catalog of extensions, find the one that says \”Offered By: Ivan Hidalgo\”, and click on it.
- Now, there will be a button labeled \”Add to Chrome\”, present on the right-hand side of the extension name i.e., \”Google Docs Dark Mode\”. Proceed by clicking on it.
- Next, you will see a pop-up on your screen. Inside it, click on the \”Add Extension\” button.
- After that, wait for a few seconds. When the extension is successfully installed on your Google Chrome web browser, you will be notified with the following message inside a box \”Google Docs Dark Mode has been added to Chrome\”.
- Now, this extension will start appearing right next to the address/URL bar.
- Next, navigate to this link. Here, click on the option named \”Blank\”. This will open a new Google Doc file. Finally, the file will be opened in dark mode.
Note: To disable the dark mode in Google Docs proceed as follows: Click the Google Docs Dark Mode Extension icon -> Two Toggle Buttons will appear -> Click on the first one, present between the sun and moon icons. Sun represents light mode, whereas the moon depicts dark mode.
Via Enabling \”Force Dark Mode for Web Contents\” Option
- First, launch the \”Google Chrome\” web browser.
- Next, inside the URL bar, type in the following address i.e., chrome://flags, followed by hitting the \”Enter\” key.
- After that, inside the \”Search Flags\” search box, type in the following string i.e., \”Force Dark Mode\”.
- Now, among the different options appearing in front of you, look for \”Force Dark Mode for Web Contents\”.
- After that, click on the chevron present right next to it.
- Now, from the dropdown list, click on the option i.e., \”Enabled\”.
- Finally, Google Chrome will ask you to relaunch the browser. For this, click on the \”Relaunch\” button present in the bottom right-hand corner.
Once the browser gets relaunched successfully, you will notice that the dark mode is enabled across the entire browser, and not only for a particular web page. With this, you can enjoy using Google Docs in dark mode. That\’s all!
See also: How to Turn off Dark Mode on Chrome
There you have it! The above-mentioned are the steps you need to follow to enable Google Docs Dark Mode in no time at all. With Google Docs\’ dark mode, you can enable a darker color scheme that is easier on your eyes, especially when working in very low-light conditions.
This setting can also help reduce eye fatigue if you work with documents for long periods of time. We hope this article has been helpful and that you can now enjoy using Google Docs in dark mode. Give it a try today, and see for yourself how much easier it is on your eyes.
Have you ever used this mode before reading this blog post? Whether you are successful in enabling it or not? Which method did you apply to get the job done? Have our explained step-by-step guides proved worthy for you?
If you have gone through this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it, and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this amazing article, give it a thumbs up. Also, share it with your best friends, office colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys, and stay blessed forever, brothers and sisters!