If you have a Mac and you’re wondering how to do an electronic signature, then this article has some amazing methods explained in detail, that will surely assist you in the best possible manner. Just follow the instructions, and you are ready to go in no time!
When you\’re working with sensitive documents, you often need the ability to be able to sign them electronically. That\’s where an electronic signature comes in handy. Basically, it is a legally binding way to authenticate your identity online.
This means that an electronic signature can be used in place of a more traditional ink-and-paper signature. Here, we\’ll walk you through how to do an electronic signature on Mac. So, just stay with us for the next couple of minutes, and we assure you that you will not get disappointed in the end.
Guide to Do an Electronic Signature on Mac via the Preview App
Here is what needs to be done step-by-step:
- First, find the respective file on your Mac machine, on which you want to do an electronic signature.
- Next, once found, right-click on this file, and from the context menu appearing on your screen, hover over the option labeled \”Open With\”.
- After that, another menu will be displayed with a series of different options. Among them, click on the one named \”Preview (default)\”.
- Now, as soon as the file gets successfully loaded inside the Preview app, go and click on the pen-shaped icon appearing on the left-hand side of the search bar. It will be in the upper right-hand corner of your Mac screen, and the name of this icon is \”Show Markup Toolbar\”.
- Next, this markup toolbar will unveil itself right beneath the main toolbar. Here, click on the \”Sign\” option.
- After that, a box will exhibit with an option titled \”Create Signature\”. Proceed with clicking on it.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear in front of you with these three options at the top i.e., Trackpad, Camera, and iPhone. Actually, you can select any one of these options for creating your electronic signature. For now, we are picking the Trackpad one.
Using the Trackpad Option Inside the Preview App
- First, click on the \”Trackpad\” tab under the \”Sign\” option, inside your Preview App on your Mac.
- Next, you will be seeing an option labeled \”Click Here To Begin\”. Click on it.
- After that, with the assistance of your trackpad, go on and design your electronic signature.
- Now, press any key on your keyboard. This is just to leave the editing section. Moreover, if you are not satisfied with the results, you can click on the \”Clear\” button present in the bottom left-hand corner, and create a new signature.
- Next, once you are finished creating the desired electronic signature, click on the button labeled \”Done\”. It will be appearing in the bottom right-hand corner of the window.
- After that, this signature will be saved inside the \”Sign\” option. You need to click on the chevron icon right next to it. Then, from the dropdown list, select the electronically made signature by clicking on it. This will ultimately result in putting the signature on your file document.
- Finally, now you can customize the size and change the location of your electronic signature freely. Place it in your specified area, and that\’s all there is to it.
Via the Camera Option Inside the Preview App
- First, click on the \”Camera\” tab under the \”Sign\” option, inside your Preview App on your Mac.
- Next, take a white paper sheet and do your signature on it with the help of a pen.
- After that, hold this sheet in front of your Mac webcam, so that the system can clearly detect the hand-made signature.
- Now, once you are finished with this process, click on the button labeled \”Done\”. It will be appearing in the bottom right-hand corner of the signature window.
- Next, this signature will be saved inside the \”Sign\” option. You need to click on the chevron icon right next to it. Then, from the dropdown list, select the signature by clicking on it. This will ultimately result in putting the signature on your file document.
- After that, now you can change the size and position of your electronic signature the way you like. Place it where required, and that\’s all.
With the Aid Of the iPhone Option Inside the Preview App
- First, click on the \”iPhone\” tab under the \”Sign\” option, inside your Preview App on your Mac.
- Next, you will see a black screen on your iPhone with the title at the bottom that reads as follow: Sign Your Name Using Your Finger or Pencil.
- After that, proceed with signing on your iPhone\’s screen, with the aid of your finger. You can also use the \”Pencil\” tool if you want. It\’s totally up to you, the way you like to do it.
- Now, your electronic signature will be shown inside the \”Sign\” window on your Mac as well. This is exactly the same as you made on your iPhone, in the previous step.
- Next, click on the \”Done\” button appearing in the bottom right-hand corner of the signature window.
- After that, this electronically made signature will be saved inside the \”Sign\” option. You need to click on the chevron icon right next to it.
- Now, from the dropdown list, pick the signature by clicking on it. This will ultimately result in inserting the electronic signature on your file document.
- Finally, now you can alter the size and position of your electronic signature according to your requirement or desire. Place it where needed, and that\’s all there is to it.
With the ever-increasing popularity of digital documents, the ability to sign them electronically has become a valuable skill. Setting up an electronic signature on Mac is a fairly simple process that can save you a lot of time and hassle in the long run.
If you\’re a Mac user, you\’re in luck, because there are a few different ways you can add your electronic signature to a document. In this article, we\’ve outlined how to do it using the built-in Preview app.
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you\’ll be able to set up your signature in no time and start reaping the benefits immediately. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Have you ever performed this task before reading this blog article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to do it? Have our explained guides proved beneficial for you?
If you have done this previously, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them asap.
In the end, if you liked this informational guide, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your best friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever!