It\’s always a good idea to periodically clean up your digital life and keep your account information as safe and secure as possible. This article will walk you through the steps you need to take to delete your Microsoft account, whether it be due to hacking, phishing scams, change of heart, or any other reason.
Microsoft is a company that knows the value of customer data. However, what if you want to take your personal data back? Should you just keep your account inactive and let it sit there collecting dust? Here we will be providing a complete guide to deleting your Microsoft account and taking back ownership of your data. Just stay with us for the next couple of minutes!
Microsoft has had some pretty hefty concerns lately, with the data leak of their user\’s passwords and a whole bunch of hacking attempts on their networks. But one thing that they have never really addressed is what happens when you want to delete your account. If you\’re feeling apprehensive about the future of Microsoft, or if you just don\’t want to use their services anymore, here\’s a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Microsoft account, hassle-freely.
Step-By-Step Guide to Delete Your Microsoft Account
Before moving towards the steps, let us make one thing clear to all the dear readers, i.e., you must backup all your important data associated with your Microsoft account, before moving on towards the account deletion process. This is because, once the account is successfully deleted, then you will not have access to it ever again.
After backing up all the crucial information, you can now finally follow the next mentioned steps sequentially and carefully, in order to get the job done in no time. Here is what you need to do:
Log in to Your Microsoft Account
- First, launch a web browser of your own choice on a Laptop/PC. For this tutorial, we are using the well-known web browser, named Google Chrome.
- Next, inside the address/URL bar, type in the following link. Then, proceed with hitting the \”Enter\” key on your keyboard.
- After that, once the page gets loaded successfully, you will be landing on the \”Microsoft Account Sign In\” page.
- Now, enter the email address of the Microsoft account that you want to delete. Then, click on the button labeled \”Next\”.
- Next, go on and type in the password linked with this account, followed by clicking on the \”Sign In\” button.
Delete Your Microsoft Account
- After that, once you are logged into your account, an account closure page will be welcoming you. Here, all the consequences of deleting your Microsoft account will be mentioned in quite clear statements.
- Now, you can select the number of days, before Microsoft permanently shut down your account. The statement on the webpage reads as follows: *Just in case you change your mind, we wait (dropdown menu for picking the number of days) days before we permanently close your account…
- Next, after choosing the days from the dropdown menu, click on the button named \”Next\”. It will be available in the bottom left-hand corner of your PC screen.
- After that, a new web page will open. Here, click on all the checkboxes one by one after reading the context written right next to them.
- Now, proceed with clicking on the \”Select a Reason\” dropdown menu. Then, from the available options, pick any one reason for deleting your Microsoft account.
- Next, you will see a button labeled \”Mark Account for Closure\”. It will be just beneath the \”Select a Reason\” dropdown menu option. Click on it.
- Finally, with the above step completed, your Microsoft account will now be deleted. Plus, you will also see the date, after which you can\’t recover your account anymore. Click on the \”Done\” button. That\’s all!
See also: How to Delete PSN Account
Deleting your Microsoft account is a pretty simple process, but it\’s important to make sure you understand the implications before you do it. You won\’t be able to access any of the products or services associated with your account as soon as it gets deleted. This includes Office 365, Outlook, Skype, OneDrive, or Xbox Live, and you\’ll lose all of your data (including emails, files, and photos).
So if you\’re sure you want to delete your Microsoft account, follow the steps in this article, and you\’ll be all set. Remember, once you delete your account, there\’s no going back, so make sure you really want to do it before you take the plunge.
Have you ever performed this task before reading this article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? What made you do this? Has our explained method proved beneficial for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner.
In the end, if you liked this blog post, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your friends, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever, brothers and sisters!