When you sign up for an Xbox account, you use a Microsoft email address to do so. If you change your personal email address, whether it be because you want to use another one that\’s easier to remember than your Microsoft one, or because you forget the password to your Microsoft account and need a new one, it\’s important to know how to change the email on your Xbox account.
Setting up a new account, releasing a console, or upgrading to a newer system – there are so many reasons we need to change our email address on our Xbox account. We might have mistakenly set our favorite old Gamertag to an email that is now inactive or maybe we met a friend online and want a joint account with them.
Whatever the case may be, in this article you\’re going to find out how easy it really is to change your email address on an Xbox account. So, if you are also among the ones searching for it, then stay with us for the next couple of minutes. We assure you that you will not get disappointed in the end!
Step-By-Step Guide to Change Email Address on the Xbox Account
Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order, to get the job done in no time. Here is what needs to be done:
- First, launch a web browser of your own choice. For this tutorial, we are using the well-known Google Chrome browser.
- Next, inside the address/URL bar, type in the following link. Then, press the \”Enter\” key on your keyboard.
- After that, once the page gets completely loaded, you will land on the \”Microsoft Account Page\”. Here, click on the button labeled \”Sign In\”.
- Now, enter your correct credentials i.e., Username/Email Address and Password, in order to successfully log in to your Microsoft account.
- Next, click on the option named \”Your Info\”. It will be appearing among the other options on the top end of your screen.
- After that, from the page loaded, navigate to the \”Account Info\” section. Here, you will find an option labeled \”Edit Account Info\”. It will be on the right-hand side, click on it.
- Now, a new page will open with the title \”Manage How You Sign In to Microsoft\”. Here, under the \”Account Alias\” section, click on the option i.e., \”Add Email\”.
- Next, insert the new email address followed by clicking on \”Add Alias\”.
- After that, make this freshly added email your primary email address. For this, click on the \”Make Primary\” option, appearing right next to it. That\’s all!
Note: Finally, you can now sign in to your Xbox account using this new email address. Moreover, you can also delete the old email address or keep it if you want. It\’s totally up to you. But, make sure that you change the primary email address, in order to make all the required and desired changes.
See also:How to Fix the Xbox Error 0x97e107df
So there you have it — a quick and easy guide on how to change the email address on your Xbox account. Hopefully, this article has helped you figure out the solution in the best possible manner.
Whether you\’re desiring to update your primary email or simply use a different email address for gaming purposes, the process is relatively straightforward and this blog post has provided everything you need to know.
However, keep in mind that you\’ll need access to the new email address in order to complete the process, so be sure to have that handy before getting started.
Have you ever performed this task before reading our guide? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to do it? Has our explained method proved beneficial for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them asap, surely.
In the end, if you liked this blog article, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your gaming folks, colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever, brothers and sisters. Until then, happy gaming!