Are you experiencing a \”Samsung Galaxy Tab A won’t turn on\” issue? If so, then don\’t worry! This blog post will walk you through some of the common fixes for this problem.
Tablets have become a go-to device for content consumption, including reading, listening to music, viewing videos, and more. That’s why when your tablet stops working it can be such a huge bummer. But don\’t panic! There are ways to fix a tablet that won’t turn on.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is a great tablet for watching movies and browsing the web, but many people are reporting that their device won’t turn on at times displaying a completely black screen.
If you own a Galaxy Tab A and it won\’t turn on, don\’t freak out! This article will walk you through some of the most common reasons for this issue, offer troubleshooting tips for each one, and identify what\’s wrong with your tablet.
What Could Be Causing the Issue?
If your Galaxy Tab A won\’t turn on, there are a few potential causes. Maybe the battery is drained and needs to be recharged, or there could be an issue with the software or the hardware of the device. In either case, here are a few things you can try to get your tablet up and running again.
Different Methods to Fix Samsung Galaxy Tab A Won’t Turn On Issue
Here we will be mentioning the top-rated ways using which you can solve the problem of interest. We have researched a lot on the topic and have enlisted these methods that will surely help you in coping with this problem at the earliest.
Fully Charge Your Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Sometimes there might be severe battery drainage, due to which this turning-on issue arises. So, go on and fully charge your Galaxy Tab A before proceeding to switch it on. Here\’s what you need to do:
- First, attach your tab to its original charger with the aid of a USB-C cable.
- Next, plug the charger inside a wall power source.
- After that, wait for around 30-45 minutes until the tab is fully-charged.
- Now, proceed to turn on your Galaxy Tab A. Surely it will now start working for you.
However, if the issue still persists, try powering on the tab by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button at the same time for around 10-15 seconds. You must also keep these things in mind:
- Don\’t use any other charger for charging your Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Only the original charger is recommended!
- Make sure that the charger and charging cable are working accurately.
- Ensure that the cable is not damaged or torn apart.
- Don\’t charge the tab using a low voltage charger, power bank, or by connecting to your PC/Laptop. This will affect the battery life of your device.
- Inspect the charging port in which you are plugging in the charger for charging your Galaxy Tab A. There might be an issue with it like dirt or dust, due to which your tablet is not charging optimally, resulting in the won\’t turn on issue.
Resolve Your Samsung Galaxy Tab A Hardware Problems
The problem i.e., Samsung Galaxy Tab A Won\’t Turn On is reported by abundant Samsung gadget users from across the globe in recent years. One of the major culprits behind this issue is the hardware problems that may be present.
You might have dropped your tab unintentionally on the floor or have spilled a cup of tea on it while watching your favorite videos. Whatever the reason may be, these things play a huge role in ruining your tab, thus keeping it away from turning on in the usual manner.
It is recommended to check for the hardware issues, and if you are not aware enough don\’t waste your time. Just report the issue to the Samsung Support Center and surely they will assist you in bringing your device back to life.
Restart Your Samsung Galaxy Tab A
One of the best solutions to turn on your device is by restarting it. Follow the next mentioned steps in sequential order to properly do it.
- First, switch off the tab by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button at the same time for around 10-15 seconds.
- Next, as soon as the Maintenance Boot Mode emerges in front of you on your tab screen, let go of the Volume Down + Power button and wait for a few seconds.
- After that, tap on the option labeled Normal Boot.
- Now, your Samsung Galaxy Tab A will restart. You need to be patient as it will take some of your time, but most probably this will resolve your issue.
Note: Press the Volume buttons to navigate the options and the Power button to select an option from the different options appearing on the screen.
Boot Your Samsung Galaxy Tab A in Safe Mode
You can also try using this method to fix the problem of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A won\’t turn on. Here\’s how to do it step-by-step.
- First, turn off your problematic device i.e., Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
- Next, press and have a firm hold on the Volume Down + Power button, till the Samsung logo pops up on the screen.
- After that, once the logo emerges, let go of the Power button but keep pressing and holding the Volume Down button.
- Now, keep doing this until you see the Safe Mode occurring on your tablet screen.
- Next, release the Volume Down button as well.
- After that, you will notice that your Samsung Galaxy Tab A has successfully entered the Safe Mode.
- Now, proceed with uninstalling third-party applications or any other programs on your device that might be interfering with its peaceful turning on.
Finally, after doing this your tab will be on its way to normal switch on, thus resolving the problem.
Factory Reset Your Samsung Galaxy Tab A
This is one of the best and most commonly used methods among users for not just solving this issue but to getting rid of many others on the rise. On one hand, the factory reset option is quite beneficial, since it helps you fix almost all the device software problems and removes viruses and malware that are affecting your gadget horrendously.
However, you must take care of one thing, after factory resetting your device, you will be left with no data. All your important information saved on your tablet will be wiped off completely. So, make sure to have a backup of your files before going on to reset your Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Here\’s how to do it.
- First, turn off your tablet by using the power button.
- Next, press and hold the Home + Volume Up button for some seconds.
- After that, along with holding the Home + Volume Up button, press and hold the Power button as well.
- Now, be patient till the Samsung Galaxy Tab A logo arises in front of you on the screen. As soon as it emerges, let go of all the buttons that you are pressing and holding for some time now i.e., Home + Volume Up + Power.
- Next, you will be seeing the Recover screen. From there, tap on the option labeled Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- After that, tap on the Yes button, to validate your decision of factory resetting your tablet.
- Now, sit for a while until the factory reset process is completed.
- Next, go on and Restart your Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Hopefully, now it will turn on in a normal way providing you with the fruit of your efforts.
Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery Mode
Although this might look something off-topic to you at first, believe us that this might turn out to be the turning point in powering on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do it.
- First, turn off your Samsung Galaxy Tab A.
- Next, as the tablet is switched off completely, go on and press & hold these buttons simultaneously i.e., Home + Volume Up + Power.
- After that, you will see your tablet inside the Recovery Mode.
- Now, tap on the option labeled Wipe Cache Partition.
- Next, wait for some time until the operating system restarts. Check to see if your Samsung Galaxy Tab A now turns on properly or not.
Contact Samsung Customer Support Center
Finally, if all the previously mentioned methods don\’t work for you, then you are only left with the option of contacting the Samsung Customer Support Center. You can also visit this link and chat with one of the representatives regarding the issue. Surely they will help in resolving the problem in the best possible manner.
Other Ways of Troubleshooting Samsung Galaxy Tab A Won’t Turn On
If your Samsung Galaxy Tab A won’t turn on, there are a few other things you can try to get it up and running again. First, make sure that the device is charged 100%. If the battery is low, plug it in and let it charge for a few minutes before trying to power on the device.
If the tablet still won’t turn on, try holding down the power button for a full minute. Sometimes, this can jumpstart a stuck battery. However, if that doesn’t even work for you, try removing the battery (if possible) and then reinstalling it. This can work at times, and fix connection issues that are preventing the device from powering on.
If you’ve tried all of these troubleshooting tips and the tab still won’t turn on, there may be a more serious issue at play. In this case, you’ll need to contact Samsung or take the device to a repair shop for further diagnosis.
If your Samsung Galaxy Tab A won\’t turn on, there are a few potential causes. It could be a problem with the battery, the software, or a hardware issue. However, in most cases, it is relatively easy to fix the problem and get your tablet up and running again.
If you follow the steps outlined in this article, you will have no trouble troubleshooting and fixing the issue. Remember to start with the simplest solutions first and work your way up to more complex ones if necessary. With a little patience and effort, you should be able to get your Samsung Galaxy Tab A working again in no time.
Have you ever tried to fix this issue by yourself? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to perform this task? If you have done this before, share your experience with us in the comments section below.
You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind that are bothering you. We will appreciate it and try to answer them in the best possible manner. Plus, if you liked this guide, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends and family members. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed.