When Facebook Marketplace isn\’t working, it\’s more than just a minor inconvenience. You won\’t be able to buy or sell items, and this can really hamper your business. Fixing the problem can take some time, but in this article, you will find out quick and easy ways in order to do it effectively.
Facebook Marketplace is a service that was introduced by Facebook in late 2016. It helps and provides the assistance you need to expand your reach and grow your business all at the same time. However, it doesn\’t seem to be working for everyone.
Some of the problems reported by users are that they can\’t find a buyer for their product, the app crashes or freezes, or there\’s a bug and they have to restart the app and wait an eternity for it to load.
If you\’re also having problems with Facebook Marketplace, don\’t worry! This blog post will show you how to fix them, and get back on track with your Marketplace listings so that you\’ll be able to sell your items quickly and easily.
Reasons for Facebook Marketplace Not Working
Mentioned next are some of the top-rated culprits, behind the occurrence of this Facebook Marketplace not working issue. So, without any delay, let\’s have a look at each one of them.
- Issues with your Facebook account or smartphone application
- Smartphone or device incompatibility
- Geographical location restriction
Facebook Marketplace Errors & Faults as Reported by the Platform Users
Below-mentioned is a whole catalog of errors and faults, that users of Facebook Marketplace reported receiving when they attempted to sneak into the Marketplace.
- Error Message i.e., Marketplace Isn’t Available to You.
- On the Marketplace, the checkout process is giving some trouble.
- Concerns regarding the listing of products in the marketplace.
- When clicked on a product, an unexpected issue occurred.
- It is not possible to locate the Facebook Marketplace in the Secondary Menu, or in the More Menu while using the Facebook application to visit the Facebook Marketplace.
- You are unable to access certain types of advertisement categories at this time.
Pre-requisites Before Moving on to the Troubleshooting Process
- Make sure you are not a new user of the Facebook platform, as Facebook prohibits the creation of new accounts on Facebook Marketplace in an effort to prevent suspicious users from simply creating novel accounts, and continuing to use the network after being banned.
- If you\’re under the age of 18, then unfortunately you are not eligible to use Facebook Marketplace. So, validate that you are older than 18 years, according to Facebook policies.
- Since prior or older versions of the Facebook app may cause problems when used in conjunction with Facebook Marketplace, you\’ve updated to the most recent/latest version of the application.
- As Facebook Marketplace is at present only available in 70 countries across the globe, you must be fortunate to be in one of them. This is because, if you previously resided in a permitted nation, but have since relocated to a restricted one, then you can\’t access Facebook Marketplace. Sorry to say that!
- You can use the Facebook Marketplace, only if you have a suitable device. There aren\’t many ways to get your hands on Facebook Marketplace if you use an iOS device. Apple\’s iOS and macOS gadgets are supported. However, it is inaccessible while using an iPod. In the case of Android devices, feel free because they don\’t have compatibility issues with Facebook Marketplace.
- Make sure, you are using Facebook Marketplace-acceptable language.
Methods to Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working In 2022
Clear Facebook App Cache Data
Mentioned next are the steps that will assist you in clearing the cache data of your Facebook application. This will ultimately help in resolving the problem of interest i.e., “Facebook Marketplace Not Working”.
- First, open the “Settings” app on your smartphone.
- Next, scroll down until you find the option named “Apps”. Once found, tap on it.
- After that, tap on the “App management” option. It will be appearing on the top of your mobile device screen.
- Now, from the list of apps displayed in front of you, select the “Facebook” app, and tap on it.
- Next, proceed with tapping on the option labeled “Storage usage”.
- Finally, you will see the “Clear cache” option. Tap on it, to successfully clear all the cache data on your Messenger mobile app.
Now, check to see if the issue is resolved, or still persists.
Uninstall and then Reinstall the Facebook App
If you use the Facebook application on a consistent basis, it’s likely that you’ve run into this Facebook Marketplace not working issue. To fix this problem, it’s highly recommended to uninstall and then reinstall the app on your device.
By simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app, you can get an upgrade to the app’s latest version without losing anything important including your messages, stories, and even profile data. Once you’ve re-installed the app, simply login to your account — all of your previous details and transactions will be exactly the same, as they were before.
Now, inspect whether you are able to buy or sell items, using the FB Marketplace. If you are still facing the problem, unfortunately, then move on to the next method below.
Use a Different Web Browser
If you are using the Facebook web application and attempting hard to access the Facebook Marketplace feature, but are still not successful, one possible fix is to switch to a different web browser.
Maybe the Facebook website isn’t compatible with the browser you’re using currently, or your web browser is outdated. In this case, if you’re utilizing Chrome, try switching to Opera or Firefox. Or, if you are on the UC browser, shift to Microsoft Edge.
Try switching to a different browser and see if that makes a difference. If still not working, there could be other issues at play. Another reason for this could be that your browser needs to be updated. Besides, the website might be down for maintenance or there could be a problem with your internet connection.
Disable Third-Party Extensions Inside Web Browser
If you\’re having trouble using Facebook Marketplace, one potential solution is to disable any third-party extensions inside your web browser. These plug-ins can sometimes interfere with Facebook\’s normal functionality.
Facebook\’s odd behavior could be the result of a malicious add-on or extension, that gives access to other parties to your account details. In addition, Facebook can restrict your account if it notices any suspicious activity.
So, once you disable these extensions, restart your browser and try accessing Marketplace again. Consequently, you may find a solution by disabling the browser extensions. However, if it still doesn\’t work, you can try re-enabling the extensions one at a time, to see if any of them is causing the issue. Even if that fails, go on and erase/delete your browser\’s cache and cookies.
Revoke Your Removed Facebook Marketplace Access
Note: If you violate Facebook\’s community regulations, you will be banned from using the Facebook Marketplace.
However, if you are confident that you didn\’t break any rules set forth by the Facebook Marketplace community, then regaining access to the marketplace requires the actions detailed below.
- First, launch a web browser of your choice on a Laptop/PC.
- Next, navigate to this link. It is the link to the official Facebook website.
- After that, sign in to your \”Facebook\” account, by entering the correct credentials i.e., Email and Password.
- Now, once successfully logged into your account, click on the \”Facebook Marketplace\” icon from the left-hand side of your screen.
- Next, proceed with clicking on the option labeled \”Request Review\”.
- After that, take some time to properly fill out the \”Request\” form.
- Now, submit this form to the Facebook support team.
- Next, the Facebook team will get back to you after a few days. Until then, keep an eye on your daily support inbox.
Once your request has been approved, you will be able to use the Facebook Marketplace hassle-freely.
See also: Fix: Facebook Messenger GIFs Not Working
We hope this article has helped you fix the Facebook Marketplace not working issue. As we have seen, there can be a number of reasons why the Marketplace may not be functioning properly. By following the methods and tips in this blog post, you should be able to get the Marketplace up and running again in no time.
Just remember one thing, whatever you do, don\’t give up on Facebook Marketplace just yet — it\’s a great way to buy and sell items locally, and with a little persistence, you\’ll be able to get it working again normally.
Have you ever fixed this problem before reading this blog article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to do it? Have our explained ways proved beneficial for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind, that are bothering you. We will appreciate it, and try to answer them in the best possible manner, and as soon as possible.
In the end, if you liked this blog post, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your best friends, office colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever!