Microsoft Edge has a \”visual image search\” feature that lets you find similar images to the one you\’re looking at on the web. If you find yourself constantly scrolling through the results in your feed to find the original source of an image, then this attribute will be of sufficient help, for sure.
However, at times you may want to learn how to disable this visual image search in Microsoft Edge. If that is the case, then be happy because here we will be providing you with a step-by-step guide, that will assist you in turning off this feature asap!
It\’s important to be informed about the features of your web browser and how they can affect you in different possible ways. Using the search engine of your choice to look for images relating to a topic can often turn up different results, then using just a traditional internet search engine.
Microsoft Edge’s Visual Image Search feature, which kicked in some time ago, provides the means to explore visual collections pertaining to a certain topic, by subject and geographic location. While this might be convenient for some users, it also results in more tracking and often misleading search results.
Advantages of Switching off the Visual Image Search in Microsoft Edge
Disabling visual image search in Microsoft Edge can be beneficial for a few reasons. One is that it can help to improve the performance of your web browser since the feature can use up a lot of resources.
Additionally, it provided assistance to protect your privacy, because toggling off this feature will prevent Microsoft from collecting data about the images you search for.
Moreover, it can of huge service to reduce your data usage, if you are on a metered or limited data plan. With this feature disabled, Edge will not have to process and load additional images, which can free up resources and make your PC run more smoothly.
Guide to Disable Visual Image Search in Microsoft Edge
Follow the next mentioned steps in chronological order, to successfully disable the visual image search in the Microsoft Edge web browser. Here is what needs to be done, step-by-step:
- First, open \”Microsoft Edge\” on your PC/Laptop.
- Next, press these keys simultaneously i.e., \”Alt+F\”. Alternatively, you can also click on the \”three horizontal dots\”, appearing in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- After that, from the context menu displayed, click on the option labeled \”Settings\”.
- Now, from the left-hand side of your screen, proceed with clicking on the option named \”Appearance\”.
- Next, keep scrolling until you reach the section titled \”Context menus\”.
- After that, under this section, click on the \”Visual search\” option.
- Now, click on the toggle button present right next to the option labeled \”Show visual search in the context menu\”. Make sure you are disabling and not enabling the toggle button.
- Next, do the same for the option i.e., \”Show visual search on image hover\”. It will be available just beneath this \”Show visual search in the context menu\” option.
- After that, you can also disable the visual image search feature for certain specific websites. For that, click on the \”Add\” button, present on the right-hand side of the option labeled \”Visual search is turned off for these sites\”.
- Now, a pop-up box will be displayed on the screen with the title \”Add a site\”.
- Next, under the heading i.e., \”Enter a URL\”, type in the URL of the picked website.
- Finally, click on the \”Add\” button in blue color. That\’s all there is to it!
We hope this steps guide has helped you understand how to disable visual image search in Microsoft Edge. Visual image search can be a great feature, but it can also be a major concern at times.
If you\’re not comfortable with lagging and dawdling web browsers, then disabling the feature is one of the best options available to you. It will surely boost the browser\’s performance. So, what are you waiting for, go on and disable visual image search right now, inside your Microsoft Edge browser.
Have you ever performed this task before reading this article? Whether you are successful in doing it or not? Which method did you use to do it? Has our explained guide proved beneficial for you?
If you have done this priorly, share your experience with us in the comments section below. You are also free to ask any questions or queries you have in your mind, that are bothering you. We will appreciate it, and try to answer them in the best possible manner, and as soon as possible.
In the end, if you liked this blog post, give it a thumbs up now. Also, share it with your best friends, office colleagues, family members, and loved ones. Thank you all in advance guys and stay blessed forever!